Home > Apply for admission
Apply for admission (2015 Academic Year)
Academy for Global Nuclear Safety and Security Agent is pleased to invite applicants for the 2015 academic year admissions to the Master Course Program in Global Human Resource Development Program for Nuclear Safety and Security.
The applicant must satisfy the following entry requirements 1 through 3.
The applicant must have at least 6 months history as a students in the Department of Nuclear Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology at the time of enrollment. International applicants must enter the Master Course of Nuclear Engineering of International Graduate Program by passing an entrance examination, before this application.
The applicant must submit application documents with all relevant papers.
|(1)||General Application Form
The application form should be completed in any format with his/her face photograph, stating all the following particulars;
- Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Nationality, and Marital Status
- Current Address, Contact Telephone Number and E-mail
- Academic Background (Educational History)
- Work Experiences (if any)
- List of Achievements and Publications (if any)
- Awards (if any)
- Licenses and Qualification (if any)
- Answer to the next Yes-No Question
“Do you want to apply for Incentive Scholarship ?”
- Other Remarks (Self-Promotion, etc.)
|(2)||Summary of Past Research Achievements
It should be no more than 5 slides long in the form of MS Power Point.
It should be no more than 2 single A4 pages in 10.5 points, describing your research plan on Master/Ph.D. theses in detail with the title, purpose, method, expected results, significance and so on.
|(4)||Three Short Essays
Each short essay should be written no more than 3 single A4 pages in 10.5 points and be described the following individual subject;
- Subject 1:
Discuss your ideas about measures to secure long-term stable supply of energy in Japan.
- Subject 2:
Discuss your ideas to improve the safety of nuclear power plants in the future, concerning the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant accident.
- Subject 3:
Describe in detail the motivation of application for the academy, what experience to gain in the academy, and how to make use of the experience for the future.
One additional page for each essay is acceptable as a separate sheet if necessary for figures or tables (citation necessary).
The pledge form should be submitted to the office in a prescribed format with a statement of not leaving the program.
The acknowledgement form should be signed by the supervisor of the applicant in any format.
|(7)||Certificate of English-Language Test (Optional)
A certificate of widely respected English-language test in the world such as TOEIC can be submitted if the applicant has a new score after the entrance to Tokyo Institute of Technology.
All documents must be submitted by 12:00 Noon, July 21 (Tue.), 2015 to the Office of Admission in person.
Office of Admission
Academy for Global Nuclear Safety and Security Agent
Tokyo Institute of Technology
Room 372, N2 Bldg., 2-12-1-N1-1,Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, JAPAN
- Date: July 28 (Tue.), 2015 (Time schedule will be announced later.)
- Interview Room: Conference room (1F), N1 Bldg., Ookayama Campus
- Waiting Room: Meeting room (1F), N1 Bldg., Ookayama Campus
- How to Interview
- Presentation on motivation of the application, etc. by Power Point (10 min.)
- Questions and Answers (15 min.)
■Number of Students to be Admitted
Total about 10 students for the 2015 academic year
■Announcement of Result
The result are mailed to the each laboratory’s post box at later day.
Admitted applicants shall take all necessary procedures by August 27 (Fri), and further details will be notified after the announcement of result.
The orientation meeting (including Q&A session) will be held on the schedule as follows, and the details of the selection test will be explained.
Date：16:30–17:00, July 6 (Mon.), 2015
Place：Room 571, 5th floor, N2 Bldg., Ookayama Campus
- The submitted applications shall not be returned.
- Once the applications have been submitted, any changes to the contents shall not be allowed.
- Admission can be withdrawn if an applicant knowingly makes a false statement in any document required for the application process.